Sunday 26 February 2012

Paul Weller says Sonik Kicks will be his last album with Simon Dine

My copy of Mojo came through the door a couple of days ago (the issue shown above) and as you may have guessed contained an interview with Paul Weller. One thing that caught my eye was Paul Weller saying that he and Simon Dine had fallen out recently over how much Dine was paid for his work on Weller's records, meaning Sonik Kicks will likely be the last thing they collaborate on. In my opinion this is great news; Dine seems to have been largely responsible for (in my opinion) the decline in quality of Weller's last couple of albums. He seems to have been responsible for a lot of the experimental stuff on these records; his contribution consisted mainly of sending Weller electronic loops to work with. I'm hoping that his departure will mean Weller's next few albums will go back to more traditional guitar-bass-drum stuff that he did so well in the 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment